Welcome!

Here's our family blog.

Monday, February 9, 2009

We Got a House!

Well, that is to say we've put in an offer and it was accepted! We're just waiting on the home inspection which is Wednesday, and I'm pretty sure that's going to go well so I'm not worried about that at all!

Anyway, about the house. It's in Sandy, on the EAST side of State street! It's 2,016 square feet, with a completed basement, it has 5 bedrooms (3 upstairs, 2 in the basement), 1 and 3/4 bath and has a one car carport, but has enough space to park 3 more cars in the driveway. BTW, in case you are wondering, a 3/4 bath has a sink, toilet and just a shower instead of a bathtub with a showerhead, the 3/4 bath is the one in the basement. The kitchen, and bathrooms have been updated with new countertops, flooring and cabinetry, and everything has a fresh coat of paint. Also it has hardwood floors in the front room, kitchen and hallway upstairs, and the rest of the house -with the exception of half the laundry room that I suspect was a bedroom at one point- has full carpet which is plushy and soft. We've planned on the bedrooms that are upstairs being the sleeping quarters and the largest bedroom downstairs is going to become a guest room and the smaller bedroom downstairs -also the smallest bedroom in the whole house- will become my CRAFT room! That's right I will have a WHOLE ROOM devoted to my crafting, something I'm very excited about!

Since the laundry room is so large, I think what we're going to eventually do is put another wall up, and then put a door in there and use that as the food storage room. We're waiting to see what happens with that home buyer credit thing that I last blogged about because it MAY double to $15,000 before we start stocking up on food storage and putting walls up. And we're also planning on putting up a fence to completely fence in the back yard.

The best part is that the seller was asking $174,900 and we were able to talk them into accepting $167,000 AND have them pay closing as well, so we're STOKED! I don't have any personal pictures of the house, that'll be done on Wednesday when we go back for the inspection, however here's a picture of the front of the house.

I know it's kind of small, but it's not my picture, it's the one from the real estate listing. And I'm not a fan of those weird window baskets so they're gonna go as soon as I can figure out how they come off. I LOVE the bay window, however since we plan to use the basement as our main gathering and family room, it's going to remain empty, and we'll probably just use it as a gathering spot for parties and stuff.
We had initally wanted another house, however that one didn't work out and I'm glad it didn't. It was a bigger house, however it was also on a massively busy street -we're talking 4 lanes- and it didn't have any appliances other than the dishwasher. This house I know is the RIGHT house for us, and I feel so blessed knowing that on March 12th provided there's no major issues that come up that it's gonna be OURS!

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

That is so cool!! CONGRATS on finding a house!! It is so exciting!! I hope nothing really goes wrong with it!! Having a house is awesome!! So congrats