Welcome!

Here's our family blog.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

... 188 cookies and two pies later.
Yes, that's right.  I've baked 188 Gingerbread cookies for gifts, and that's NOT including the 30+ that were not suitable for gifts.  Remind me to not do this again next year.  Of course, the cookies are delicious so, I suppose it's worth it.  Liz, I may try my hand at candy making after all... it's probably much easier than baking an insane amount of cookies!
Anyway, here's some more pictures of the Christmas tree.
 
  These were taken the other morning, natural lighting really helps show how beautiful the tree is.  I especially love my tree topper.  The picture on eBay did not do it justice, and I was very pleasantly surprised to see how beautiful it is.

 
 And here's what it looks like after Santa came to visit!  I got a package yesterday from my Mom; hers are the ones that are wrapped in green paper and also the decorated shirt boxes.  The decorated see through containers are our gifts to the family, and the rest are from Santa!
I can't wait to get pictures later when Zoe wakes up.  The only downer is that I still have one last pie to make; an apple pie, and I have to do a quick load of laundry as well.  Oh joy!  At 12:30 we're going to Jeff's parents' for lunch.  I'm super happy this Christmas because I did some digital work and got paid for it, so I managed to make enough money to buy something for Jeff.  It's great because I didn't have to use the money he earned for the family to buy him a gift.  It's not much, but I know he'll like it because I bought it for him.  But I won't say what it is yet.
Once again MERRY CHRISTMAS!  I hope your day is filled with blessings and joy!

No comments: